Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Addiction

I unwillingly watch you walk down a dark path with your eyes closed.
You hurt everyone around you with no remorse.
Stealing and lying like breathing your daily air.

Something different has grown behind your eyes.
It looks evil and I cannot quite understand why.
The life behind them seems like a dimmed flame.

I know something is wrong but you say nothing.
I ask and you act annoyed by my words.
I am lost about what else to do to help you.

It's like trying to hold onto thread in a hurricane.
Just a slight grasp, but not enough to withstand the wind.
Sooner than I hoped, the thread disappears in the storm.

I wait for you to somehow return back to normal.
However any resemblance has been eroded into dust.
I secure to the only great thing you have left behind.

The day comes when you finally lose the fight.
My heart hurts even though I have not been in love for some time.
Comforted only by the darkness finally being lifted from your soul.

Goodbye, sweetheart. I let judgement free from my clasp.
Simply wondering if I will find our bond again without shadows.
Focused toward the bright horizon, I forcibly embrace hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment