Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Berufsleben

Her words bounce between walls
Shreded rainbow confetti falls onto shoulders,
Heavy traffic piles on the highway.
She'll find her way with future closed.

Ten pounds gone and still no luck.
The bird is a directionless wonder,
It steps on places it has already been
Skipping the free seed to hunt a worm.

I never understood about the maheim
Tears pouring out of their almond eyes.
I looked out the window more than once,
Water-filled clouds were on the horizon.

Every morning coffee tastes pungent and murky,
My tongue invades my entire mouth,
Hand dropping the thimble-sized sugar spoon
That doesn't seem to fit into the bowl.

The yellow lilies are a stampede aftermath.
Decay wafts from a vacant place,
My back graces flaking, filthy brick
Vapor purchases a section in my nose.

Her waxy and immoble face appeared.
I was putting my foot in the mirror.
Light glimmered around her plastic lips.
Frantically looking, I ran further.

No comments:

Post a Comment